Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Foundation Insulation Chimney Installation Through Concrete Foundation – Insulation Required?

Chimney installation through concrete foundation – insulation required? - foundation insulation

I am installing a hearth for my wood stove and the horizontal is still part of the foundation (all concrete - excluding petrol).

I know that the concrete is not necessary to use (the cartridge wall and not because the hole is large enough to accommodate them), but I insulation around the pipe? The chimney is double walled and insulated, but I wonder whether the flickering of the cartridge is removed and put it on my hole a good finish to the EIFS and fiber between the two.

Is this a good idea, and handed over control WETT?

5 comments:

  1. I'm not 100% clear on the question, but EIFS is not recommended for use below-grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find a clay cartouche, no matter what type of fence that I am through ... make the hole big ... dont regular insulation, the use of an insulator is a refractory ceramic fiber wire and not ... a brand is Kaowool (Kay-o wool) ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can certainly fill the void around the pipe to reduce the gain or loss of heat. But I am concerned about insurance issues, if something happen due to improper installation of shelving the cartridge is designed for a reason.

    ReplyDelete